Please note, at this time, this process is for Calgary and Edmonton only.
- Ensure your documentation is prepared for the Justice to review. Failing to do so may result in rejection of your request.
- Fill out the URGENT REQUEST / BYPASS FAMILY DOCKET COURT form
- Email your documentation and the URGENT REQUEST / BYPASS FAMILY DOCKET COURT form to:
IMPORTANT: All WITH NOTICE requests MUST be copied to all parties to the action. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your request.
The turn around time is 24-48 hours for processing.
For any matter that does not require an urgent response, as defined as "within 48 hours", please use the regular filing procedure outlined here: https://www.albertacourts.ca/qb/resources/announcements/new-email-filing-procedure
Instructions for Urgent Request Form
**Please note that failure to fully complete the URGENT REQUEST / BYPASS FAMILY DOCKET COURT form and attach the required material(s) may result in a rejection of your request or delay in response. **
You MUST have the required material(s) prepared when you submit this form.
Subject line: URGENT REQUEST / BYPASS FAMILY DOCKET COURT – STYLE OF CAUSE
- requests MUST be copied to all parties to the action. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your request.
- If your matter is directed to be heard Without Notice, please file your material immediately. Please also ensure to let the clerk know when the hearing date is right away. Otherwise, your material may NOT be before the court.
Application or Notice to Attend Family Docket Court
- If you are directed to file an Application and Affidavit or Notice to Attend Family Docket Court but you DO NOT file the aforementioned documents, the Court date WILL NOT be secured, and the matter WILL NOT be heard.
- If you are seeking a fiat, exemption, or to bypass Family Docket Court, you must notify the opposing party/parties.
For a printable version of these instructions, click here.